We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Manage all financial aspect of a project such as accounting, reporting, cost control, budget. Well integrated into project team and support all work package owners. Ensure compliance with FI’s and Alstom RAM
Reports Hierarchically to: Site Controller
Reports functionally to: Site or Project Managing Director
- To ensure accuracy of actuals and Estimate To Complete data at the Project level.
- To ensure the economic and financial management of the project, following company procedures and ensuring risks and opportunities are managed to optimize the project financial targets.
- Supports the Project Manager and the Project Team in the controlling/financial management of the project.
- Be the economic and financial advisor to the Project Manager.
- Prepare, along with the Project Manager, the periodic Project Reviews with all the relevant financial analysis.
- Control and optimize the project results through close involvement with the Project Manager and WP.
- Owners/Project Sub-system Managers.
- Challenge the Estimate to Complete in order to maximise the Project Margin.
- Ensure customer invoicing is done as soon as possible and play an active role in getting payment from customer in the due time.
- Manage cash and follow-up the implementation of cash improvement actions on the project Promote cash culture in the project.
- Manage project bonds and hedging to limit exposure.
- Provide all Project financial reporting (orders, forecasts, weekly cash,…) to Unit accounting for monthend, forecast, budget process and to Sector as requested.
- Review and analyse all B/S items linked to the project (s).
- Handle claims administration (documentation, reports, …).
- Review the contract database data for all participating units and its compliance with last CPR/RPR’s decisions.
- Participate in the project Steering Committee, Risk analysis meetings and all decision-making concerning financial or contractual aspects of the project.
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
Finance or Accounting degree
Technical Knowledge / Experience:
- Up to 2 years experience in project cost control, budgeting and forecasting or work package controlling
- Interest for technical projects and products
- Good business acumen
- Good working knowledge of Excel and SAP (PS and FI module mainly)
- Ability to use integrated financial systems
- High Level of English is a must
- Good communication skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent analytical skills
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, Database, SAP, Finance, Technology